Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lexical analysis of song "Hookah Bar"


Indian lyricists never let me down; they just keep on providing enough material ( crap) for my blog. When everything was going against me and I was actually in a mood to put a board of “shop is closed” on my blog; Himesh Reshamaiya took an avatar of lyricist and wrote one of the best (crap) lyrics I have ever heard.
Let me tell you one thing honestly, I am biggest fan of HR. Only a fan like me could afford to watch first day first show of “Aapka Suroor” movie ( his 1st movie as actor). In fact I watched his second movie “Karzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz” on first day second show ( yeah I actually met with the board which claimed that 1st show of the movie was houseful on ticket counter).
Anyways a day back one of my friends suggested me this song “Hookah Bar”. I am sure she just wanted to irritate me and to test my patience when I was in worst ever mood. So I finally downloaded the whole “Khiladi 786” album, chanted Hanuman Chalisa for several times and started listening Khiladi 786 songs. I shouldn’t lie here I actually liked the entire album. It was like I got 7 new blog entries in my Lexical Analysis section of blog ( this album has 7 song and remaining are remixes). Anyways I picked up this “Hookah Bar” song for 2 reasons:
1) I actually like hookah and hookah bar which got closed last year because of government decision.
2) HR is in soul of this song. I mean he sang it, he wrote it, he performed it, he produced it, he shit it, he crapped it, he etc etc and being an ardent fan of HR ( read para number 2 for more detail AGAIN) , I picked this song.
So here is my lexical analysis of song “Hookah Bar”.
1) Teri ankhiyo ka war , jaise sher ka shikar
First thing first, “sher ka shikar” is not allowed in India anymore, so comparing anything with it is punishable crime. May be HR is still in Mughal era but then teri ankhiyo ka war is not possible in that era.
2) Tera husn dhuyedaar, jaise jalta Cigaar

Probably the best line ever written after “uche se ucha banda potty per betha nanga” line ( read my lexical analysis of song dum maro dum here). I mean just see the imagination of HR, he is claiming that someone’s face is DHUYEDAAR ( smoky) which means it looks like

Then he compared the whole thing with “Jalta Cigaar”. Now I actually know why censor board wanted to ban smoking scenes from movies at the first place. Sala actress k face ki jagah dhua imagine karoge to censor wale kya kuch khaak aur kuch sochenge.
Then HR sang the same 2 lines for some more times ( FYI just to fill the gap)
3) Tere pyar ka nasha kabhi aar kabhi paar
Is he really talking about some sort of nasha which  was actually happened because of Pyar? I mean is he really talking about Pyar ( love) or some kind of boat which one can use to go here and there.
I am telling you with such kind of songs HR is seriously going to rock the world by his lyrics ( seriously people start throwing rocks on their music players after listening to such crap).
Then a continuous loop of “tera pyar hukkah bar”. Don’t you think it is a same way used by Police , when they actually beat shit out of innocent person to prove him guilty.
4) tu jo na ho mere rubaroo
Bin tere jeene se main daru
Hai yahi tamanna meri bas tere liye jiye maru
Tera hua jo deedar baaje dil mai sitar
Tera husn dhuyedar jaise jalta cigar
Now this is something interesting, in 1st line he is just asking him/her ( gender is not cleared anywhere, NOT MY FAULT) to be near to HR. in fact in 2nd line he gave a way to scare HR, Just hide the person (he/she) HR love. Now in 3rd line, he is just talking about his wish that he just wanted to live/die for him/her.
Again continuous loop of “tera pyar hukkah bar”. Ab bas bhi kar yaar pata chal gaya logo ko.
5) Jaage hum yuhi raat bhar
Hai hawaon mai awargi
Ye kashish, yeh deewangi
Hai tujhi se meri tishangi
He junoon ye sawar mai to bhula sansar
I actually don’t give a damn to this crap anymore but please someone update my dictionary. What the hell does this “Tishaangi” word means? I mean I only know one meaning of it which is hunger or thrust. I don’t know which grammar in this world will justify this line “hai tujhi se meri pyas”. Or may be like a nursery kid he just chose one word which is actually rhythmic to above line.
I don’t know why I am looking for a logic in a song like Hookah bar. Again I just forgot to mention one thing “tera pyar hukkah bar”, sala aadhe india mai to tu waise hi illegal hai.
P.S. Did anyone notice anywhere concept of hookahbar. I mean if I replace word hukkah bar with candybar or normal bar or any god damn bar, will anything change here?
P.P.S. Thanks for the government to ban Hookah Bar before the release of this shit song. Now please go ahead and ban this song as well because it is more dangerous than actual hukkah  bar. 

4 comments:

  1. to HR-
    ooooooooooooooooo huzoor.....
    apne ghar hi rakho apne lyrics n apna suroooooooooooooooooooooooooor.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. total bakwasss song hai yeh.... sahi analysis hai MADDY !!!!!!!!!! mere ko doggy ki yad aa gayi ... wowwwooooooooo :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. chhod na yaar.. mat bheja maar.. in this song of hookah bar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for sharing this nice blog with us. We will be able to use it to our advantage
    Would you like to experience Hookah Longue for yourself? You can find out more about it by clicking here if you would like to learn more about it .
    Hookah Bar Indiranagar

    ReplyDelete