Monday, January 27, 2014

The secret diary of Arnab Goswami

It was like worst nightmare one could ever get. I had no idea when those Asian guys came to me and told me that I’d to take interview of some senior Indian politician, that I would be taking interview of non-challenger. I was not scared as it is part of my job and I know how to make other person pee in their pants. Still those Asian guys convinced me hard that this interview will be milestone in my career. I was still eager to know about the guy.
After signing the contract, I was told that I will be interviewing some congress leaders. I was like I’d done the worst with congress after interviewing Abhijeet Mukharjee. Still my 6th sense told me that this is not going to be the ordinary day of my life. I’d tried to contact those Asian guys again to know more about the candidate. I was shocked to hear the answer. I had no idea whether I start celebrations as I would be the first one to interview him or start praying for myself for the same reason.
Yes They told me to interview Mr. Rahul Gandhi.
Everything was perfect on the D-day and he came as calm as those Asian guys after getting the deal of Rs500 crores for makeover of Rahul Gandhi. I’d already provided the set of questions to Rahul Gandhi so that he could prepare well because he was going to face the interview against none other than me. The same person who makes a panel of 6 people cry everyday with his nation wants to know algorithm, the same person who start singing requiem everytime Sanjay Jha tries to speak something.
In start when Rahul Gandhi started saying words like RTI, Women empowerment, MNREga etc I was actually happy that dude has come prepared. Then I tried to dig further, to my surprise Rahul Gandhi was like an engineering student appearing for the first job interview . He was only prepared with those 3 topics.
I wanted to listen more when I asked direct question on Mr Modi, but unlike Modi Rahul Gandhi actually answered RTI, System and other relevant crap again. At that time I even tried to become little personal and asked direct question of Subrahmaniyam Swamy about degrees of Rahul Gandhi. Even in that case he answered me RTI, system and other thing.
I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout “nation wants to know”, I wanted to get hell out of Rahul Gandhi but those Japanese guys were smart enough. They had it in contract that I should be mild with Mr. Gandhi.
After interviewing Rahul Gandhi, all I can remember is Empowerment, RTI and system. In the 2nd episode of the same show I am going to invite Mr. Kejriwal at least AAM AADMI sounds little better.

Good night


1 comment:

  1. Epic - "I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout “nation wants to know”, I wanted to get hell out of Rahul Gandhi but those Japanese guys were smart enough. They had it in contract that I should be mild with Mr. Gandhi. "

    ReplyDelete